Web Content Management Specialist
Position Summary: The Web Content Management Specialist leads the day-to-day execution planning with staff partners of high-quality, consistent, brand-focused content for NAFSA.org, integration with satellite NAFSA websites and third-party applications. This position works collaboratively, coordinating cross-departmental efforts to gather information and seek input from across the association regarding content needs and priorities, and develops and maintains an editorial calendar for the NAFSA website that supports strategic marketing initiatives in all digital channels.
Major Functions and Responsibilities
Manages new website content design and development (35%)
- Develops content design and development plans for new content and continuously improved site design.
- Coordinates development with marketing, technology solutions, and staff partners.
- Works directly with cross-departmental clients to ensure that content is built to align with website design best practices, the NAFSA brand, and content demand needs.
- Coordinates new content page assignment and testing with senior director of marketing and membership and staff partners.
- Reviews, edits and approves moderated content updates submitted by CMS users.
- Reviews and responds to work request tickets, along with marketing and technology solution teams.
- Proactively updates web content across more than 6,000 pages of NAFSA.org
Provides day-to-day editorial management of the key strategic messaging pages of the NAFSA website. (25%)
- Works closely with the Senior Director of Marketing and Membership to determine strategic priorities for the editorial calendar.
- Prioritizes workload and content development scheduling.
- Serves as lead for the coordination and governance of all website editorial production, including content creation, maintenance, promotion, and removal.
- Provides bi-weekly updates to marketing and administration partners.
- Leads a cross-departmental team of CMS users to gather association-wide input toward development and execution of an editorial calendar for new and repurposed editorial material to support the strategic goals of the organization.
- Works with NAFSA’s design partners to develop appropriate art, illustration, photos, etc., to accompany stories on the website.
- Works closely with the Editor-in-Chief of NAFSA’s International Educator magazine to repurpose and appropriately revise editorial content from the magazine for use on the website and NAFSA.org blog.
- Assists all departments in keeping their webpages up-to-date and effectively written. This is a collaborative role with both the respective departments and the web support team.
Leads website design/user experience team. Provide support to the marketing and web technology teams, to ensure site layout, usability, and visibility meets strategic organization goals. (25%)
- Assists with visual consistency and clarity of all web properties, including creating and modifying stylesheets, and developing/adjusting of digital images and icons.
- Ensures that all digital content is optimized for maximum visibility to major search engines and assists with all search engine marketing campaign information needs.
- Manages NAFSA’s Web (Google) Analytics account, collecting and analyzing data, with support from colleagues on website usage to improve performance.
- Regularly monitors web trends and traffic to inform digital content decision-making and to help Senior Director, Marketing and Membership, and other senior managers use this data for digital strategy development.
- Applies WCAG 2.1 standards to content on NAFSA.org
- Manages NAFSA.org style guidelines updates.
Assists in identifying a schedule of upgrades and needs for nafsa.org to support site design enhancements, content needs, and user experience considerations. (10%)
- Regularly meets with Marketing and Technology Solutions team members to determine and recommend changes for the NAFSA digital sites and support required to successfully implement user experience improvements.
- Works with CMS support vendor to communicate, coordinate & test deployment of new website features.
- Monitors and evaluates cost considerations and vendor support for SEO.
- Partners with Senior Director of Marketing and Membership with respect to integrated Paid Search opportunities and the costs associated with promotional opportunities.
- Partners with Marketing team to manage integration costs to support live stream media and promotional video content.
Other projects as assigned (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three (3) years of related work experience
- Expertise in Drupal
- Expertise in HTML
- Proficient in CSS
- Project management experience
- Experience working with Content Management Systems
- Excellent written and oral communications skills with attention to detail
- Strong multitasking skills
- Digital communications and website development certifications preferred
- Experience with nonprofit, membership, and/or higher education organizations
- Exposure to the field of international education
- Creative writing experience
- Graphic design and illustration experience
- Video content planning experience
- Excellent visual design aesthetic
The link to the full position description is available at https://nafsa.clearcompany.com/careers/jobs/23fc2bee-31a7-da40-950f-89802968c670/apply?source=1730036-CS-26323