Email Marketing Specialist
Position Summary: Reporting to the Director, Marketing Services and Production, the Email Marketing Specialist is responsible for scheduling and monitoring the impact of all email marketing activities and providing project management for digital marketing and creative efforts. This role is responsible for relationship management for email automation and partner vendors as assigned, as well as insuring the timely distribution and analysis of email marketing campaigns.
Major Functions and Responsibilities
Manage email marketing programs and campaigns with strategies and plans developed by the Marketing Department or other departments within NAFSA and to ensure that project deadlines are met (20%)
- Manage promotional activities with internal production, Technology Solutions/Support departments as well as external vendors as necessary.
- Coordinate production reviews and approvals with internal clients, following established guidelines for NAFSA style and brand.
- Monitor vendor budgets and contractors to ensure expenditures remain within budget parameters.
- Collect, review, prepare, and analyze statistical tracking reports on individual promotion efforts and report results against plan objectives. Maintain current and historical comparative data, competitive analysis and provides management reports as assigned.
Manage the schedule and production of HTML e-mail campaigns using Informz for the design, transmission, and front-end tracking of campaign activity (20%)
Perform copyediting and copywriting on select communications and email campaigns utilizing marketing communications best practices (15%)
Conduct list research, acquire lists, and extract appropriate lists from NAFSA iMIS database (15%)
Implement best-practice email marketing testing and test schema designs to elevate and optimize performance results (15%)
Support annual conference and small event on-site marketing needs. This may include assistance with video production working with NAFSA staff and vendors (5%)
Conduct training and provide consultation for staff regarding email marketing communications (5%)
Perform other duties as assigned to support fulfillment of NAFSA’s strategic objectives and goals (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, marketing, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum two years of work experience in an office environment
- Knowledge of marketing principles
- Experience with Informz or other e-mail marketing platforms
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite products; ability to master various technology, web, and data management systems
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, and excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment as well as independently with minimal direction
- Demonstrated ability to appropriately prioritize, manage, and complete multiple projects and assignments while meeting competing deadlines
- Ability to manipulate numbers in spreadsheets necessary for project and data analysis
- Commitment and enthusiasm for NAFSA’s mission and international education
- Previous experience with NAFSA, international education, or other association membership organizations
- Previous exposure to email marketing campaign design and video production
- Experience working with designers, copywriters, printers, mail-house, or list brokers
- Familiarity with extracting database information
- Experience with Informz and iMIS highly desirable
- Understanding of HTML/CSS and XML
- Experience with e-marketing and publicity releases
Scope of Supervision
The position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
As representatives of a membership organization with a broad and diverse range of activities related to education and training, NAFSA staff possess more than simply specialized capabilities. Each individual is expected to take the initiative to become knowledgeable about the organization as a whole. Association members and other staff expect colleagues to be accessible and responsive, to convey a positive attitude, and to exhibit a high degree of professionalism.
The workday is generally 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The week after Memorial Day to Labor Day, it is 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on Friday.
Travel is required occasionally related to job responsibilities, especially for the annual conference, regional meetings, and other leadership meetings. Participation in the NAFSA annual conference the week of Memorial Day, including the holiday itself, is a job requirement. The annual conference is held in varying cities.
About NAFSA: Association of International Educators
NAFSA: Association of International Educators is an organization of people dedicated to building a global community and fostering a more peaceful world through advancing international higher education. With approximately 10,000 members, NAFSA is the world’s largest professional development and advocacy organization committed to international learning and creating a more globally engaged, welcoming, and educated United States.
NAFSA believes that international education advances learning and scholarship, fosters understanding and respect among people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives, is essential for developing globally competent individuals, and builds leadership for the global community. We believe that international education lies at the core of an interconnected world characterized by peace, security, and well-being for all.
NAFSA is a workplace that not only appreciates diversity but believes it is our strength, and we strive to create an inclusive culture for all our team members. NAFSA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about NAFSA at www.nafsa.org.
The link to apply is available at: