International Admissions Recruiter - University of Michigan-Flint
The International Admissions Recruiter is responsible for the successful recruitment of degree-seeking international students to the University of Michigan - Flint. This includes representing the university at in-person and virtual events, communicating with prospective students and other constituents, managing relationships with international recruiting agents, and advising prospective students on matters related to immigration. This position requires domestic and international travel.
- Represent the University of Michigan - Flint at college fairs, school visits, and other in-person and virtual events locally, nationally, and internationally.
- Manage recruiting communications for international students, in collaboration with the Director of Admissions and the Office of Marketing and Communications.
- Manage relationships with international recruitment agents, including ongoing communication and training, ensuring adherence to university policy and customs and immigration regulations, and working with the Director of Admissions to evaluate potential new agents.
- Advise new students regarding immigration matters and serve as a Designated School Official (DSO). Maintain a working knowledge of laws and regulations regarding visa issuance, student exchange regulations, and customs and immigration.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- One or more years of experience in higher education, sales, marketing, or recruiting.
- The ability to communicate effectively with diverse populations across a variety of backgrounds and cultures.
- The ability to work evenings and weekends.
- An active passport and the ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- The person in this role will serve as a Designed School Official (DSO) and therefore must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must have a valid drivers license.
- International travel experience.
- Familiarity with SEVIS, SEVP regulations, and other laws and regulations related to international students.
- Experience as a Designated School Official (DSO).