Global Education Special Programs Advisor
William & Mary is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Global Education Special Programs Advisor with the Global Education Office / Reves Center for International Studies. This position will provide critical support to meeting the University study abroad participation and inclusive excellence goals. The incumbent advises students on study abroad opportunities in a select portfolio of countries and manages a set of faculty-led study abroad programs for undergraduate and professional schools. This position also supports curricular integration efforts by collaborating with all academic departments for transfer credits and assisting with innovative study abroad and on-campus global programs. The incumbent also plays a key role in sustainability efforts of the office and contributes actively to GEO’s work related to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Pre-pandemic, close to 60% of W&M undergraduate students studied abroad by the time of graduation. Study abroad is embedded in the W&M undergraduate curriculum, reflecting deep institutional and faculty commitment to global education. Thanks to dedicated donors, GEO is able to award significant scholarships to reduce financial barriers to global education. The GEO is a dynamic office and talented team which, in a typical year, works with close to 2,000 students at various phases of the study abroad process. In addition, GEO is home to a variety of in-bound international programs hosted at W&M for international students and professionals. We look forward to welcoming a dynamic and student-focused international education professional to the team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Faculty-led program management
- Student study abroad transfer credit processing and vetting
- Student study abroad advising
- Working with specialized global education programs, either abroad or on campus
- Supporting university and office initiatives including related to DEI and sustainability
For additional information and to apply visit our website at https://jobs.wm.edu (position FP637W).
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent level of education and experience
- Several years of experience developing and supporting study abroad or international programs
- Knowledge of and experience with cross-cultural issues
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and cooperatively with a diverse range of constituents
- Graduate degree
- Significant experience working with study abroad programs
- Second language skills
- Experience reviewing international transcripts
- Knowledge of and experience working on sustainability initiatives