Assistant Director, International Student Services & Recruitment
The Assistant Director is responsible for the recruitment, immigration advising, and successful integration of international students at the University of North Georgia. This role takes the lead for all policy and compliance issues related to international students including working closely with all related federal government agencies. The Assistant Director works closely with Enrollment Management and relevant academic and support units to ensure that newly accepted students have a successful transition to UNG. The Assistant Director supervises the International Student Coordinator and cross-trains Center for Global Engagement staff on the immigration policies and basic compliance issues. Position will travel between Dahlonega and Gainesville campuses as needed.
- Implement 3-5 year recruitment plan for F-1 degree seeking students in conjunction with current UNG planning initiatives (Strategic Enrollment Management Council and ACE Internationalization Lab). This includes managing the relationship with agents/agencies per the plan and travel for high school recruitment.
- Manage communications and logistics with newly accepted F-1 and J-1 students to include immigration advising, I-20/DS-2019 issuance, and all pre-arrival information.
- Create and implement communications plan for current students to inform them of current opportunities, activities, and issues of compliance.
- PDSO/ARO for F-1 and J-1 program-ensure UNG compliance with federal regulations including SEVIS registration; advise students and scholars on regulations and all aspects of maintaining status, approve work authorization, assist with tax compliance, and any other relevant SEVIS updates as needed.
- Supervise International Student Coordinator; cross-train other UNG Designated School Officials.
- Facilitate orientation and extended orientation programming for students.
- CGE liaison with the Global Learning Community, UNG's living/learning community in N. Georgia Suites.