Associate Director, International Admissions & Student Success
5 days left
The Associate Director for International Admissions & Student Success will be responsible for recruitment, initial I-20s, and student transition to FGCU. Provides operational oversight for all entry activities for new international students at the undergraduate and graduate level. Position reports to the Associate Vice President of Enrollment Management and serves of the Enrollment Management Leadership Team.
Florida Gulf Coast University is committed to establishing and maintaining an inclusive working and learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of the campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and international worldview.
At FGCU, we collectively stand against any individual or group that practices any form of racism, discrimination, intolerance, hate expressions, or disrespect. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in an inherently diverse country and world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, religious beliefs, abilities, ages, gender identities, sexual orientations, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, family statuses, and military backgrounds. FGCU strives to hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it's the right thing to do, but because it makes our University stronger. The University community recognizes the importance of a diverse and inclusive institution and holds these ideals as paramount for the current and future success of the institution.
We seek colleagues who promote and embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion. We encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply for this position as we believe that our University will grow and move forward through a commitment of equality for all.
Typical duties may include but are not limited to:
- Serves on the Enrollment Management Leadership team. Participates in developing and implementing the department's strategic plan and performance goals.
- Participates in the planning and the setting of enrollment targets for new international students.
- Assists in the formulating and implementation of policies, procedures, and business practices for the recruitment and on-boarding of new international students.
- Assists new internationals students with on-boarding to FGCU.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of international admissions. Provides guidance and direction to staff involved with department services and programs.
- Develops and implements recruitment activities and strategies to attract international students to the University.
- Conducts interviews and information sessions.
- Serves a Designated School Official (DSO) in preparing and monitoring SEVIS I-20s.
- Assists with international recruitment (graduate & undergraduate), yield strategies, initiatives, and campaigns.
- Works with the Director of Enrollment Marketing & Communications to develop recruitment materials including CRM communication campaigns.
- Connects with two-year colleges to develop strategies for recruiting international transfer students.
- Guides students through the admission's process by providing accurate information.
- Reviews and provides input on applications with disclosed prior conduct incidents. Participates in the admissions clearance process for determining admissibility of special consideration cases.
- Reviews admissions applications and make admissions decisions for freshman and international applicants.
- Responds to inquiries by email, telephone or in person from prospective students, families.
- Researches and resolves complex admission applications and issues related to admissions decisions.
- Makes data corrections and updates the applicant information in Banner and applicant records.
- Responsible for ensuring that all programs and activities comply with university, state, and federal regulations.
- Other job-related duties as assigned.
- Stays current on trends and education in international admissions. Participates in NAFSA learning and training opportunities.
- Collaborates with the Office of Global Initiatives and International Services.
Additional Job Description
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization.
- Four years of professional full-time experience in higher education admissions with at least one year of that experience in International Admissions.
- Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience, and/or certifications may be considered.
- Experience using admissions CRM technology.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident to meet federal requirements for Designated School Official (DSO).
- Experience as a Designated School Official (DSO).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, and regulations pertaining to the position.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Skill in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deal effectively in a team environment.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand, interpret, apply, and explain policies and procedures.
- Ability to manage and coordinate assignments to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently to complete assignments.
- Ability to provide professional customer service.
- Ability to present to large groups.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a service-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively manage the work of others by providing information, guidance, and motivation.
- Ability to thrive in an organization that values the diversity of its student body and workforce and actively promotes equity and inclusion.
Interested applicants please visit https://fgcu.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/eaglejobs/job/Main-Campus/Associate-Director--International-Admissions---Student-Success_R0002676.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency