Program Officer, Department of Defense (Hybrid) - (3367)
6 days left
- Organization Type
The Program Officer, DoD Programs, manages a portfolio of U.S. universities to implement The Language Flagship Program. The Language Flagship is creating the next generation of global professionals: students who speak languages critical to our national security at professional levels and who have deep cultural knowledge of other countries. The 31 Language Flagships provide language and culture education to talented US students from a wide range of majors and backgrounds. The Program Officer plays a crucial role in these innovative programs and will also support creative language and culture focused work on special initiatives including language learning technology, K-12, teacher training, creating an alumni group, and other related areas. The Program Officer works closely with a diverse IIE Team, with DoD colleagues, and with stakeholders at US universities to support program goals and objectives. The Program Officer monitors program and financial compliance, progress, and outcomes, providing technical assistance through support and guidance as needed. This high impact position has many opportunities for growth because of the wide range of duties and the many professional partners involved in delivery.
The Institute of International Education (“IIE”) has a hybrid work environment that allows team members a combination of in-office work and telework at any of the locations listed above.
- Serves as main point of contact for a portfolio of IIE programs. Responds to questions, provides programmatic training and onboarding for new staff at partner universities, and follows up on program deliverables.
- Monitors, tracks, and reports on program progress, outcomes, conduct, and program and financial compliance. Responds to program and financial compliance queries and provides technical guidance. Provides regular updates on grantees to team lead and program sponsor.
- Conducts site visits to monitor program progress and compliance, as needed. Plans agenda for the visit in close collaboration with team lead, program sponsor, and grantee.
- Analyzes program data to make policy recommendations. Provides input on policy and process communication and coordinates roll out of program guidelines through providing training and support to program partners.
- Maintains program communications and data in Client Relationship Management (CRM) system, following established processes.
- Assists in the planning and implementation of program events, including orientations activities, programmatic webinars, and annual program meetings.
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree and at least five years of related work experience, or combination education and experience.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of international education programming.
- Interest in or knowledge of language and culture focused programs.
- Higher education experience strongly preferred.
- Ability to manage intercultural and emergency issues.
- Demonstrated project management, time management, and administrative skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to exercise discretion on confidential matters.
- High level of financial numeracy and accuracy preferred.
To help promote and ensure the safety of our employees and those we work with, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees that have a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination, or who object to being vaccinated based on a sincerely held religious belief, may request a reasonable accommodation. State and local guidelines apply.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.