International Student and Scholar Adviser
Department Summary & Job Purpose:
The McCulloch Center for Global Initiatives is the hub and catalyst for comprehensive internationalization at Mount Holyoke. We create and foster educational programming to cultivate knowledgeable leaders and responsible citizens of the global community. The exceptional international diversity of the campus offers a powerful context for building global competence and empowering students to thrive in the diverse and interconnected world of the 21st century.
Core Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Minimum of one (1) to three (3) years of experience of directly related work experience including working in SEVIS* as a Designated School Official and/or Alternate Responsible Officer, and related immigration advising experience working with international students, scholars and employees.
• Direct experience working with U.S. immigration regulations, particularly F and J and H-1B regulations.
• Demonstrated ability to learn and understand ever-changing complex federal, state, and local regulations.
• Ability to multitask, meet urgent deadlines, and adapt to changing demands and priorities.
• Ability to provide high-level immigration advising in both written and verbal communications.
• Excellent customer service skills interpersonal and written communication skills.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
• Ability to work independently as well as contribute and collaborate effectively as a member of a team.
• Ability to work some weekends, and nights as needed.