Provide professional-level administrative support at the International Students and Scholars Center (ISSC), assisting with general administration projects, electronic form development and maintenance, application development and maintenance, and technical planning. Collaborate with assigned senior staff members in order to gain working knowledge and experience related to international database application development, department administration, and international education.
Assist with planning, implementation, and coordination of communications to enhance the educational and academic experiences of ASU international students. These efforts include assisting with development, maintenance, and promotion of content for the ISSC website, marketing materials and social media networks with particular attention on multimedia web content. The ideal candidate is a strong writer who multitasks, tells great stories, and is passionate about international students’ issues.
Assist in providing technical support to the unit. Coordinate with different teams to gather data, maintain and update databases, process and organize documentation, prepare progress reports, and analyze data as needed.
- Research, respond, develop, and present recommendations to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the department.
- Provide general office/administrative tasks and projects.
- Work in a high-volume and customer service environment.
- Monitor Salesforce incoming emails.
- Create, coordinate, and schedule content for social media platforms and websites.
- Design promotional flyers, posters, brochures as needed.
- Provide communications support ISSC through several media types and tasks related to content creation, management, and both professional as well as creative writing.
- Learn about basic immigration and regulatory advising for international students and transfer the knowledge to easy-to-understand content (for example video, infographics, etc.).
- Assist with reviewing processes used; works with staff to analyze and apply the techniques and principles of process and procedure.
- Assist with auditing data, to help maintain immigration compliance of F-1 and J-1 students, scholars and H-1B temporary workers.
- Work with confidential documents and sensitive data.
- As requested/required, assist ISSC leadership with special projects and other assigned duties.
- Demonstrated knowledge of problem resolution skills.
- Experience in-office procedures.
- Evidence of effective communication skills
- Experience in working with diverse populations.
- Experience in establishing priorities.
- Experience in establishing and maintain effective working relationships.
- Experience in using a personal computer and related software applications.
- Experience in cooperatively and effectively working with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to execute queries/reports within a relational database.
- Experience in providing attention to detail while maintaining university perspective.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND three (3) years of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.