Faculty-Led Education Abroad Programs Coordinator & Data Manager
The Faculty-led Education Abroad Programs Coordinator & Data Manager serves an integral role in coordinating processes related to UNCW faculty-led education abroad programs, including application creation and management, advising students interested in faculty-led programs, reviewing and processing faculty-led program student applications and faculty proposals, supporting risk management efforts, and coordinating promotion and marketing of faculty-led programs.
Additionally, as the data manager, this position will manage our application portal (currently Terra Dotta) including routine maintenance, troubleshooting, new feature implementation, and training faculty and staff on how to utilize the system most effectively. The person in this position will also complete and create education abroad related reports, including completion of the annual Open Doors report, and will manage our international health insurance enrollment process. Additional other responsibilities may be assigned based upon business need and employee expertise.
Close Date: 07/10/2022 https://jobs.uncw.edu/postings/24783
About the Office of Global Partnerships and International Education
The UNCW Office of Global Partnerships and International Education is dedicated to developing and increasing the international dimension of the UNCW campus. This is accomplished by fostering programs and services for international students; helping UNCW students to participate in education abroad programs; assisting UNCW faculty in their teaching, research, and scholarship abroad; developing and strengthening educational linkages with international partners so as to create opportunities for student, faculty, and staff exchanges; identifying and obtaining resources to further the internationalization of UNCW, and by enhancing and expanding international and global opportunities and resources on campus and in the surrounding community.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
Graduation from a four-year college or university and one year of experience related to the area of assignment; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preferred education, professional skills and experience
- A master’s degree
- Experience advising higher education students on education abroad offerings
- Experience with data analysis and data visualization
- Experience with risk management and risk mitigation within education abroad
- Experience living, working, or studying abroad, or working in international education
- Knowledge of a foreign language
- A record of active participation in appropriate organizations and/or conferences (such as NAFSA, Forum on Education Abroad, EAIE, Terra Dotta, Diversity Abroad, etc.).
- Proficiency working with Terra Dotta or a similar data management system
- Experience working in higher education
- Excellent command of the English language, written and oral, and effective interpersonal communication skills, including sensitivity and diplomacy in working with people from numerous countries and cultures
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to work effectively with faculty members, undergraduate and graduate students, administrators, staff, and off-campus community members (e.g. parents)
- Ability and willingness to periodically travel domestically and internationally
- Ability and willingness to work occasional nights and weekends
- Select Survey
- Adobe Acrobat Professional
- Microsoft Office