Manage the portfolio of semester and short-term faculty-led academic programs abroad; advise students and parents on study abroad options; counsel students on program selection and application; collaborate with academic departments and faculty to identify and increase study abroad opportunities for students.
Master’s degree in relevant field. Candidates with an equivalent combination of experience and/or education are encouraged to apply. Preferred requirements: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the field of education abroad with at least 3 years in an international office at the university level in a lead role managing academic programs abroad. Candidates with an equivalent combination of experience and/or education are encouraged to apply.
Knowledge of best practices in education abroad and ability to provide administrative support in areas of policy, program development, and coordination between various campus entities;
- Knowledge of current issues in education abroad, including risk management and financial aid;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated ability to multitask in a dynamic environment;
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity; experience with the principles and standards on federal compliance regulations.
- Excellent program development and management skills; entrepreneurial approach and ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously;
- excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with diverse groups;
- exceptional administrative skills, including strategic planning and evaluation, budgeting and ability to think creatively and to successfully execute new initiatives;
- knowledge of FERPA rules and regulations and compliance with same; - experience with student information systems and online application systems.
Application Deadline: September 25, 2019
Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful background check.
All applications must be submitted online https://jobs.cofc.edu.
EEO Statement: The College of Charleston is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is commensurate with education/experience which exceeds the minimum requirements.
Internal Number: 2019151
About College of Charleston
Founded in 1770, the College of Charleston is the oldest institution of higher education south of Virginia and the 13th oldest in the United States. The College has earned a reputation for excellence in the liberal arts and sciences throughout its nearly 250-year history, and this remarkable tradition provides a strong foundation for 21st century learning. The College is also one of the largest and most sought-after employers in the region. The College is more than just a place to work; it’s a place where you can build a career and make a difference for our students and the community. We offer a wealth of benefits, resources and learning opportunities.