International Enrollment Management, International Student and Scholar Services
4 Year Degree
Pittsburg State University invites applications for the position of International Recruitment & Communication Coordinator in the office of International Programs & Services. The International Recruitment and Communication Coordinator plans and implements international student recruitment strategies to assist in achieving enrollment goals. This position is responsible for creating and implementing the overall international marketing and communications plans, utilizing a mix of appropriate mediums and methods. The International Recruitment and Communications Coordinator manages a travel schedule, develops collegial relationships with school personnel and other constituents and builds relationships with prospective international students by managing select communication.
Duties and Responsibilities
International Student Recruitment: Develop and implement international recruitment strategies. Review and analyze data relative to international markets to assist in development of recruitment activities. Evaluate effectiveness of recruitment activities and develop new strategies as needed.
Marketing and Communication: Assist in the development of promotional materials and strategies for improving international enrollment. Collaborate with campus entities to increase yield of international students.
Admission Advising: Field and respond promptly to questions from prospective students and other partner institutions, agents, sponsors, etc. Work with students to complete application process. Provide counseling regarding admissibility, scholarship, opportunities, and federal immigration compliance.
CRM and Reporting: Monitor applications for completeness and follow up on requests for missing materials. Track and report on student application and enrollment data for use in decision-making and evaluation return on investment and progress towards meeting university strategic goals for international recruitment.
Other Duties: Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of International Programs and Services.
Education and Experience
Required Education and Experience at Hire -
Minimum of one year professional work experience in international recruitment, international admission, international marketing or international sales.
Preferred Education and Experience -
Knowledge of the methods and procedures used in collecting, analyzing interpreting and reporting data.
About Pittsburg State University
Pittsburg State University was founded in 1903, in vibrant and progressive southeast Kansas. Home to nearly 6,500 students, PSU provides all the benefits of a major college but with small class sizes and personalized experiences. The university offers more than 200 academic programs and emphasis areas across four colleges, including undergraduate degrees, graduate degrees, EdS degrees, and a doctoral degree in Nursing. Our students enjoy an average class size of just 18 students and benefit from world-class faculty and a vibrant campus life. More than 65,000 alumni proudly declare, "Once a Gorilla, Always a Gorilla."
Pittsburg State University offers a rich college experience with a broad selection of academic and social amenities.
* A beautiful 223-acre campus is home to state-of-the-art buildings that bring the real world to students, and include The Bicknell Family Center for the Arts, the Kansas Technology Center, the Tyler Research Center, the Robert W. Plaster Center, and much more
* The surrounding Pittsburg community fully embraces the university and its students with a welcoming, family-like small city atmosphere
* A variety of housing options give students ...living/learning opportunities, modern downtown apartments, group living, and more
* Nearly 150 student organizations provide opportunities for engagement, community, and leadership - A diverse student population hosts a variety of cultural and social events on campus and in the community, exposing students to the traditions and lives from countries around the world
* Home to the NCAA’s only Gorilla mascot, the university has a strong athletics tradition that showcases student athletes and brings together a community of dedicated fans
* A growing selection of online classes, programs, and degrees provide flexibility and opportunity to students from all walks of life
Pittsburg State employs well over one thousand part-time and full-time faculty and staff, students, graduate assistants, and researchers. Pittsburg has a population of approximate 20,000 residents and is located in southeast Kansas, about thirty miles from Joplin, Missouri, which has a metropolitan area population of about 60,000. Kansas City is located 120 miles north; Tulsa, Oklahoma is 125 miles southwest; Wichita is 160 miles west; and Springfield, Missouri is 95 miles east. For more information see: http://www.pittks.org