St. George’s University (SGU) has the world’s largest English language Doctor of Medicine degree program and is the number one provider of doctors into the US healthcare system. The University has four Schools – Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Arts and Sciences and Graduate Studies - and 52 academic programs filled with students from over 100 countries.
The role of the Recruitment Manager UK is to primarily manage and deliver student recruitment from the Agent and Direct channels in UK into the SGU Doctor of Medicine degree program at our campuses in Grenada and Northumbria University.
· To champion and lead the recruitment efforts for SGU from UK Agent and Direct channels.
· Achieve agreed recruitment targets ensuring lowest possible cost of acquisition and within ROI measures.
· Develop and grow SGU’s active agent network in UK.
· Work closely with SGU’s agents, making frequent visits to maintain relationships & establish new partner contacts at key levels.
· Deliver regular and pertinent counsellor training to ensure agents and their staff are well-equipped to provide accurate advice to prospective students.
· Attend exhibitions and recruitment events, providing professional educational advice and counselling services to schools, agents, parents, students.
· Counsel and meet parents/students and offer guidance to prospective SGU students.
· Conduct call-back calls to existing leads, cold calling of new leads and accurate reporting on CRM.
· Co-ordinate ensuing marketing and sales campaigns/activity (together with SGU International Marketing Team) attending exhibitions, info sessions and general promotional activity as required.
· Contribute to the recruitment team effort across Europe where required and when there is a periodic need or shortage of staff and helping in multiple channels as required.
· Work in close partnership with the Recruitment Manager UK Partnerships to ultimately achieve and improve conversions and turn-around times in all main channels, achieving the main KPI of reaching personal goals and contributing to the overall targets in UK from all channels.
· Work in close partnership with all SGU’s international Regional Managers to ensure collaborative management of agents and to maximize global recruitment opportunities.
· Manage the initial application process in the specified region, and in close association with the Admissions Officer ensuring a smooth and efficient process at all times, via CRM.
· Support, maintain, investigate new recruitment opportunities in UK whenever possible and accurate reporting thereof.
· Provide regular reports to line manager and market updates and performance updates against targets.
· Provide market research, feedback and analysis to inform key activities in designated market.
· Build strong relationships with SGU functional areas (admissions, sales, marketing, academic) to ensure the highest levels of customer service, efficiency and problem resolution.
· Ensure local information on Medical Associations, rules and regulations is current and to therefore update SGU functional areas and line Manager.
· Work closely in all channels with
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Student recruitment background or related (example: Admissions).
• Sales experience general.
• Demonstrable sales & commercial skills.
• Knowledge of agent and or International school recruitment.
• Experience of working within an international environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and experience of dealing directly with a wide variety of people including some of: students, parents, education agents and institutions.
• Ability to make connections and good networking skills.
• Able to work independently and as a team player, with a high level of initiative and professionalism.
• Excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines and thrive under pressure.
• A friendly professional manner and appearance.
• Results oriented, target driven. Track record of success in recruitment in region regarding annual student targets.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
· This job is performed in a positive, creative and collaborative environment.
· Office location: London (possibly based from home)
Hours and Travel
Travel will be required across UK regions and cities.
Unsociable and weekend work required at certain periods.
Performance Measures (KPIs)
?Annual recruitment target (individual) and overall Team and Country targets.
Active agent portfolio development
Conversions and application generation
Work closely, professionally and in an efficient manner with colleagues to ultimately help achieve UK sales target.
3 - 5 years working in international education industry and recruitment
Minimum 3 years student recruitment in Agent or Direct Channel or both.
About University Support Services/St. George's University
About University Support Services: University Support Services LLC is a Delaware limited liability company located in New York providing services under contract to St. George’s University Limited, a Grenada corporation and the owner and operator of St. George’s University, which includes the St. George’s University School of Medicine and the St. George’s University School of Veterinary Medicine.
About St. George’s University: St. George’s University is a top center of international education, drawing students and faculty from 140 countries to the Caribbean island of Grenada, in the West Indies. With more than 17,000 graduates across the world, the University offers medical and veterinary medical degrees, as well as undergraduate and graduate degrees.