This position is in the University of North Texas (UNT), International Affairs Division and reports to the Director, International Recruitment.
This role assists the Director, International Recruitment by managing the day-to-day activities of the UNT International Recruitment Office and coordinating international student recruitment campaigns.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage the day-to-day operations and campaigns of the UNT International Recruitment Office.
- Account-manage the commission-based agency network. Engage recruitment agents at conferences in the U.S.
- Initiate, guide and report on international recruitment visits and campaigns. Recruit in at least one focus region abroad.
- Engage prospective students and applicants and their counselors, advisors, alumni and other recommenders.
- Selection, training and day-to-day task assignment and oversight of student workers.
Preferred qualifications include:
- Strong presentation skills and problem solving skills
- Highly developed interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Ability to obtain credit card for travel
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Professional in appearance, motivated, self-directed, and having the ability and willingness to communicate enthusiastically with diverse populations, in a positive, courteous, and professional manner
- Advanced cross-cultural communication skills
- Knowledge about foreign education systems and U.S. international admissions processes and requirements
- Experience living and traveling abroad
- Ability to regularly work evenings and weekends
- Willingness to travel extensively domestically and abroad
- Willingness to complete the Dedicated School Officer (DSO) certification