Other International Education Opportunities, Overseas Opportunities
4 Year Degree
Location: Moscow, Russia
The Alfa Fellowship Program is a distinguished international initiative that each year offers up to 18 accomplished young Americans, Britons, and Germans the opportunity to complete a high-level professional development program in Russia. Since 2004, the program has enabled over 180 emerging leaders to gain professional experience at leading organizations in business, media, law, policy, and other related areas through this 11-month, fully-funded fellowship in Moscow.
The Alfa Fellowship Program begins with language training in the fellow’s geographic location followed by a language course in Moscow starting in mid-June. Throughout the summer, Alfa Fellows attend a seminar program with key public and private sector officials to discuss current affairs in Russia. Fellows then work at prominent organizations, including private companies, media outlets, think tanks, and foundations. Trips to cities in the region are interspersed throughout the program year. The in-country portion of the program lasts from mid-June until late April.
Eligible candidates must have a bachelor degree and professional experience in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy, or a related field. Russian language proficiency is not required, but is preferred. The Fellowship includes a monthly stipend, language training, program-related travel costs, housing, and insurance.
The application deadline for the 2020-2021 program year is November 15, 2019.
OJSC Alfa-Bank is incorporated, focused and based in Russia, and is not affiliated with U.S.-based Alfa Insurance.
- U.S., U.K., or German citizen between the ages of 25 and 35
- Bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of relevant professional experience in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy, or a related field
- Graduate degree in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy, international relations, or a related field
- Outstanding professional achievements and academic qualifications
- Professional connection to Russia and/or the region
- Evidence of leadership potential
- Active involvement in community or public service
- Russian language experience is preferred, however not required, at the time of application. Applicants proficient in another foreign language may be considered
18 openings. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
About Alfa Fellowship Program
A non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, Cultural Vistas provides international exchange opportunities that strengthen global networks, enhance professional skills, and advance mutual understanding in an interconnected world.
Cultural Vistas is committed to its mission to enrich minds, advance global skills, build careers, and connect lives through international exchange.
BACK TO TOP
Job Registry is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else NAFSA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at Job Registry.